Successful Professional Entertainer, Musician and Educator with 50 years of experience in the vast entertainment world controlling finances, budgets, programs, operations and performances.
My education began early on, growing up in the entertainment industry with two prominent, influential parents and all their peers, my father, Charles Rouse, a renowned and celebrated Saxophonist in American Jazz History, my mother an acclaimed dancer in the Savoy Theater and the legendary Cotton Club with Lena Horn. My business education in the music industry stems from working with George Wein, one of the most prominent producers in America.
The Charles Rouse Legacy LLC
2017 – Present
Founder and President
- Director of Marketing & Programming - The Stillwater Zephyr Theatre
- Developing - WHRR Rouse Internet Radio station
- Jazz Education – lectures and workshop presentations
- Touring - The Rouse Legacy Band
- Writing and producing - Rouse Legacy Records
The Charles Rouse Institute of Performing Arts - Rouse Entertainment
- Proprietor of Chico’s House of Jazz and Blues, Producer of FYI Vibes Radio Web station
- 18 years producing the Asbury Park Jazz Festival, 7 years producing the Long Branch Ocean Festival, 4 years producing the Red Bank River Fest.
Asbury Partners LLC
Executive Director of the Convention Center & Special Events
- Coordinated, marketed and contracted family entertainment for various city venues and events. Responsible for generating entertainment revenue, over $1 million was raised annually. Facilitated maintenance and the procurement of audio-visual equipment supervised related requirements.
City of Asbury Park NJ
General Manager of the Convention Center and Special Events
- Directed the resurrection and restoration of the city’s Convention Center to a desired local for family entertainment (generated over $250,000 annually in revenue)
- Coordinated “City by the Sea” a Warner Bros film featuring Robert DeNiro, Co-produced six episodes of HBO’s award winning series “The Sopranos” while on location. Facilitated a business partnership bringing professional basketball to the Asbury Park Convention Hall.
Hilton Hotels Corporation, Long Branch, NJ
Director of Special Events
- Directed over 50 shows annually for five National hotel locations, with artist such as; Glen Miller Orchestra, Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, The Drifters, The Coasters, The Cherelles and The Tokens
Solid Gold Productions Inc. Neptune NJ
Owner and CEO
- Owned and operated a diversified entertainment consulting company where I marketed, produced and occasionally performed in various shows and entertainment venues.
Count Basie Theater, Red Bank NJ
- Coordinated the first Jon Bon Jovi Christmas Benefit, resurrecting the Count Basie Theater back to national concert circuit levels.